Sunday, February 14, 2010

Will u be my valentine?

This year, Chinese New Year falls on Valentine's Day.

Singletons are probably rejoicing at this arrangement, as they will not have to complain about being date-less on this special occasion.

To be honest, every year I fear the coming of Valentine's Day. I was single for the longest time. The only consolation was probably flowers from an admirer at work. He never failed to send me a bouquet with a teddy bear/candies throughout the length of my career when we were colleagues.

Red roses. If only they were from the one I love.

As a teen, i would go out with my girl friends on Valentine's Day. Friends are your best source of comfort on this special day. I will go crazy staying at home on Vday.

However, as I grew older, I realised that friends just cannot replace that special someone. I would be worried as this day draws near, wondering if i ever find that special someone or would I be left on the shelf?

A buddy of mine even made a pact that we would 'date' each other if both of us were single during Vday.

Glad we didn't have to use that now.

But I still spent this Valentine's Day alone this year. How i wished i could celebrate every occasion on the day itself instead of doing it in advance where the mood is just not there.

Envy u, buddy..

No comments:

Post a Comment