Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hailstorm in Jurong

Dark clouds were hovering and in the blink of an eye, lightning flashed repeatedly in the skys and thunder roared menancingly. The winds bellowed and howled, rattling all the doors and windows though I had them shut. It seemed like the end of the world as I took a peek, sliding the window open to see the tall and fully grown trees swaying like they had lives of their own. I thought that a tornado had hit the earth. We huddled in the living room with the quilt over us. Water was spewing in the little windows of the bathroom though they were shut and locked. After a while, the winds became less tyranic. I looked out of the door and saw broken and fallen trees. The roads were jammed on both sides. My neighbour's flowepot has dropped to the ground with some plants uprooted. Some car bumper was stuck on fallen plants and people were trying to put their motorcycle upright again after it dropped to the ground. My call was met with awkwardness and I was dismissed as being dramatic before the line got cut off. Yeah yeah yeah. Me the drama queen apparently. On a funny note, across my block, there was a man sitting on his AC unit..after the hailstorm of course! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment