Friday, June 7, 2013

My client says that Wala on Sundays is nice. So here we are, at Wala Wala on a Sunday night. Omg EIC is playing today! Oh wait, its Jack and Rai so its accoustic. They sound so different wo the band. Nowadays they seem a little distant compared to them with them at timbre. Mellowed too. Perhaps they are trying to appeal to an older audience. What older audience, people at wala wala can be teeny boppers these days! Nevetheless, here we are with a bottle of Framingham Riesling. I love love love this riesling. So sweet that the other way to derive this kinda sweetness would be from Ice Wine already. Dag didnt know what to drink so introduced him my favourite drink. The daiquiri. My favourite is Strawberry. The arrival of dear Michael means its time for some "serious drinking." After Riesling, we had chardonnay but it aint as good. And the kroeneberg didnt make it better. Seeing stars already and I accidentally spilled wine from a glass. I was a little stunned at the impact and my folly. My drinking skills has gone down the dumps. Didnt recall much of the events thereafter too. Meeting the guys gave a sense of dejavu. When I was 21, we were just trainees in our polo tees sweeping up dried leaves, lazing in our bunk beds takking. Playing vollleyball. I was all so innocent, blushing when there was a song being dedicated to me over the resident dj at the mass. And another time when one of the senior officers approached me at the canteen. Yeah we had sneaked into the canteen to buy food cos dear Jess was sick of mass food. I wonder if we would ever have the chance to meet had I not been there. How would life have changed had we met at a different place Would we have stopped to smile or say hi to each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment