Monday, February 9, 2009

A Damsel in Distress

Venue: Pasir Panjang=>A handful of stars tossed into the sky
Attire: White/Blue Striped Dress

Feels like i'm in the mood for Satay tonight so we headed down to Pasir Panjang food centre for some local delights. Nevermind that the uncle mistook my order of pork satay to chicken cos we still had mutton flavour!

I was contented chomping them down when i saw from the corner of my eye, something big and dark brown crawling out from the gap from the brown-tiled flooring.

The big brown cockroach made its appearance.. its feelers were swirling left + right menancingly. I held my breath and told myself to keep calm but that big brown thing decided to head towards our table. I jumped out from my seat and took cover two tables away, with a satay stick in my hand and its meat 1/2 eaten..

Mr Pest Buster: "What?!?"
Val: "Cockroach!!!"
Mr Pest Buster: "Where?!?"
*I peered below the table-OMG*
Val: "In between ur legs!!!"

*Piak*

Suddenly i felt a sense of security. Hee hee

Cos he stamped on the cockroach. I tot the roach's head looked twisted. So "Man!!!" *cheers* However, he kicked it in front of him-where i was standing. AAAArgh!!!

I ran to the table at the side..this time, all the diners from the other tables were giggling.. *blushes*

The cockroach got away.. i sat there, still paranoid till he suggested shifting nearer to the stalls.. couldn't quite enjoy the stingray after that. Kept looking at the gap where the cockroach came from. Maybe there's a colony underneath like at Joe's Apartment.. *shudders*

The stars came out tonight. Really pretty. Wondering if i'll ever get to see the Milky Way.

The Milky Way is simply the common name for the galaxy that encompasses our solar system. The phrase Milky Way came from the band of white light that can be seen across the celestial sphere visible from Earth. This celestial sphere contains a host of various stars and other solar matter. The discovery of the Milky Way is credited to the ancient Greek philosopher Democritus, who was the first person in recorded history to make the assumption that the Milky Way existed and was made up of billions of distant stars.

I remembered once taking the longer route here to the car and the lighting-up of candles question..

Starry starry night..

No comments:

Post a Comment