Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"I myself am the only friend I have"

They say that Marriage is the graveyard of Love. I say, Marriage is the graveyard for friendships.

In a recent article that discussed about the death of friendships following the big M, I recalled not having heard from my single, male friends in recent months.

M: my best friend for years who disappeared more than a yr ago is back. We met up lately and he wasn't in a good shape. And then he added me to fb and saw my pics about my newfound status. He sent me a msg asking what kinda friend I was, to have left him out of such details.


Well, it was pretty hard for me to say everything at first meeting when he was still struggling in life. I didn't want to be seen doing better than him as he was still juggling his finances. My msg to him these days would end up with his curt reply: Yes, Mrs _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (spells full name), what can i do for you? with no reply whatsoever after that.


J: my friend from my previous job. We were deemed the 'couple' at workplace as we were the best of colleagues and helped looked out for each other. There was no liking/love, just a pure platonic, cordial working relationship. J chided me when i was going in the wrong direction in love and told me to stop gg out with 'angmohs'. I was no SPG but i didn't know why the men who are attracted to me are usually caucasians.


Mr SF: we would talk whenever we see each other online and sometimes meet up with no agenda which feels really nice, away from the stress of life . We would, or rather I would confide in him if i'd encountered any problems in work/life. These days, when we do meet up, it would be arranged by our common pals if any. He says that if there was no one i could look for if i'm in need, he'll be right beside me.
Yeah, by then i'll be six feet underground..

The guru said we outta text them if they don't text us no more. But what do we do if they don't reply or gave a forceful one? The indefinite "so when do you wanna meet up" reply to a "shall we meet up soon" sms and there would be no 'follow-ups'..

Maybe it's true that they don't care as much as before and that you don't mean anything to them in the first place or that you didn't mean as much to them as they meant to you.


Maybe i should not appear 'visible' to them anymore so i would not feel all the disappointment for being erased from their lives if they choose to ignore me.

Maybe i should just not think about it anymore..

Good night, world *yawns*

No comments:

Post a Comment