Saturday, October 24, 2009

Old lady goes to NUS at 12am

She was a perfect 90degrees angle. Severly hunched (back) and standing along Clementi Ave 3 just outside the interchange. Beside her were 2 suitcases and 3 big plastic bags of stuff.

I walked past her, along with other passerbys only to find myself walking back to her.

Asked her if she was hailing for a cab. She was a Chinese lady was in her 60s/70s. Heavily kohled eyes. She blinked, seemingly thinking. Maybe she was wondering:" Is that a girl in her black tube top/black capris helping me? Gee.. i thought she was an ah-lian"

I asked her again and she nodded. So i walked further down to hail the cab. 8283L Comfort. I carried her suitcases-they weigh like 5packs of rice-my feet turn wobbly. Wanted to put it in the boot but she said it was money. The rest wasn't money but she prefer to put them all in the back seat and squeezed with them for space. Every single plastic bag and suit cases were terribly heavy. I wonder how she goes around..poor thing~

The driver nagged a little at her stubbornness. Many thanks to the little teenager boy who offered a helping hand and stayed behind to make sure everything was fine.

He had intially asked the old lady if she was hailing a cab but she ignored him.

No comments:

Post a Comment