Sunday, October 25, 2009

SPF - Reminiscence

Sometime in 2003, i was just a little trainee at the old Police Academy. TRACOM - What we used to call it.

Having hailed from Squad 10/03, my squad had 9 girls - one of the most in a regular squad.

Squad 10 - Most popular in the male dominated camp-site amongst regulars/national servicemen.

Guys would wolf-whistle when we jog/march past. Then i'll take a peek above at the Bravo(NS), Charlie (NS), Delta (regular) coys and see them waving lol. Also, my squadmate Jess & I would have requests for photo-taking with individual NSmen just before their ORD dates.

Not a tinge of makeup on my face, i was surprised at the attention in Police Camp. Who would wanna take a second look at me? Tall & skinny with my long locks trimmed(forced) to a boyish crop? I was almost depressed having being made to part with my long hair..

Then there was the weird scribbling i saw at the back gate duty table. "Valerie Sqd 10/03 has a firm butt!" i almost fainted after chancing upon it..

I miss jogging in the evenings to keep fit (i had abs back then!!!)
I miss eating @ Mess/Mass and hearing songs requested & dedicated to me, Valerie Wong of Squad 10/03
I miss laughing & crying with my bunk makes Jessica/Noriani when we went thru thick & thin (Jess is happily married to her fellow colleague & Noriani is happily attached)
I miss sneaking out to sit at the tables at night for chatting sessions
I miss playing volleyball with C2/03
I miss going to the movies with C2/03.. oi, no more swimming pool theme movies k? Hee..
I miss Alpha/PAD (CP, COS) and all..

I love the SPF! Wait for my come-back as a VSC.. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment