Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blissful in Balestier

It was past 6 in the evening.

Got a call from buddy to go for dinner. Picked me up from office. Was tinking of where to go in the neighbourhood when i thought of Bak Kut Teh @ Balestier!

I had eaten Founder BKT once after a late night during my public relations days. The soup was bland, i remember. Decided to chcck out the another BKT @ Toa Payoh Lor 8, Blk 210 01-115. Some recommendation from the net. But when we arrived, it was closed! *screams*

Buddy had to waste the $1 coupon for nothing @ Toa Payoh- it was free parking @ Balestier after 5pm :x :x

Sorry! I did warn u that it could be closed :x I can't possibly call a stall in the market. Ain't no restaurant :x :x :x

Presenting the 24-hrs BKT: Founder Bak Kut Teh @ 347 Balestier Road.
PS: Bro, i'm takin the signboard la. Stop looking @ the camera *tsk tsk*

Advertising.
I love Salted Veggie! It tastes bland here. You tiao not ordered by me. I always wondered why people dip you tiao into their soup. To me, it's already lao hong and soggy enough. I prefer my you tiao crispy.
Salted Veggie: 6/10
You Tiao: 3.5/10
Zhu Za Tang! The ingredients are varied. This tastes alright. I like the way they sliced the ingredients. Intestines are long enough. That thing is also BIG enough. Can't remember the name. Is it you ji? *blur* Buddy was also clueless.
Zhu Zha Tang: 8/10
Last but not least: Bak Kut Teh! Today it tastes more pepperish. We asked for more soup.. *slurps* Meat is a tad bit hard today thou.. but portion is big enough!
BKT: 6.5/10
Ambience: 6/10 (air-con was quite weak inside.. warm!)

Rating by a foodie: 6/10. Pass!!! I remembered my best friend brought me to a BKT @ Jurong East market. Tt was good and better! I shall be back soon *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment