Monday, May 31, 2010

Jubilant Jurong

As promised, presenting to you: Joo Siah BKT!

Joo Siah Bak Koot Teh is located @ Blk 347 Jurong East Ave 1#01-220 Yuehua Market & Hawker Centre.

Yes, they call themselves Bak Koot Teh. It ain' a typo. Bak Kut Teh肉骨茶is believed to have originated from China. In Singapore, there is typically two types of BKT. The Teochew BKT ha a light colour and uses more pepper in the soup. The Cantonese BKT medicinal herbs to create a stronger flavoured soup.
$4.50 a bowl
My favourite side dish of veggie.
This stall is beside Joo Siah BKT. Get its crispy fritters to dip into your BKT if you wanna.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know there's another stall at the back selling dark colored soup Bak Kut Teh? My husband prefers the BKT from the other stall but I love both...

    There's another stall in Carpenter Street... You can try there. The food is nice but they're very stingy on the soup. My colleagues and I would go every now and then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faith!
    Thanks for the note, will check out the Herbal BKT stall and the one @ Carpenter St if i'm @ CBD.
    I love BKT~

    ReplyDelete