Thursday, January 22, 2009

So, when's your turn?

Attire: Silver Grey Dress
Venue: Grand Plaza Park Hotel

Weddings can be kinda sweet, looking at romantic montages of girl-meets-boy and sometimes a gd time to catch up with your old friends/colleagues.

But if knowing that your colleague is single, would u asked him: "So, when's your turn?" after witnessing the solemnization?






Tt question was posed to me lately, with him in-the-know tt i wasn't seeing anyone. I mean, how am i suppose to answer such a question if i didn't even have anyone in my life now? Would it make any sense? Tt seemed to be the favourite question from my ex colleagues/acquaintances from the civil service when we were still working together..
Then they will conclude: "You're too fussy la.."

The things that make you go hmm........

With gentle reminders at a young age from my concerned mum: " You're not blessed with good looks unlike your cousin, so you'll have to study harder.."

Tt advice was deeply enrooted in my mind, and so i never felt that i was much of a looker. I never believed in finding THE ONE, or someone who can sweep me off my feet and give me the 'butterflies in the stomach' feeling. Neither must he be gd looking nor taller than my 1.73 m frame.

It's more about how i feel when i'm with that special someone. Where I will be my happiest, nervous yet excited self which may sometimes potentially impairs our conversation. (I can be reduced to a bunch of nerves, saying the most preposterous things when with the person i like or become overly quiet..)
Someday, someone somewhere will be there for me, and so i wish..

I do hope that i do not have to do a cartwheel, somersault, forward, backward and forward (again) roll, touch my toes to get him to like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment